You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Friday 9 March 2012

Pinterest.

Music and photography have gone hand in hand for over 50 years. A beautifully taken album cover, a shot catching an artist in full flow on stage, there are thousands of images out there that have become equally as iconic as the music they relate to.

The spirit of punk captured in Paul Simonon smashing his bass on the cover of London Calling. Lou Reed’s black and white features on Transformer. Ian Curtis innocently gazing up into bright stage lights. Pete and Carl showing their Libertines tattoos. There’s an endless list, and there are also millions of great photos out there to discover. Like these.




I have begun compiling some of them on Pinterest, the new website taking the world by storm.

For the uninitiated, it’s essentially an online pin board, where you collect images you like and pin them to your boards. It’s a simple idea, which the best websites are often based on.

I signed up thinking it could be used alongside sites such as This Is My Jam and last.fm, to let interested people find out more about that most important of things, my musical taste.

Amongst others, I have boards for compiling my favourite music photography and my favourite album artwork.

It’s a great website, easy to use and aesthetically pleasing, it can soon become addictive, as the need to fill your boards and pin every picture you find takes hold. I hope it will soon become a staple for bands, alongside Facebook, Twitter, last.fm, Bandcamp etc. It would be a great tool for bands to showcase the pictures of themselves they like the most.

To see more music photography and album artwork I love, see my Pinterest page here.

In other news, I’ve just got RADIOHEAD TICKETS!!!!! To celebrate seeing my favourite band again, I urge you all to enjoy this new song, which I will be seeing in October :)



I also have a new About page on the blog, with links to my other sites and the option to Like my blog on Facebook, you know you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment